Minimizing our environmental impact is our responsibility and fundamental to building a strong and sustainable business for our stakeholders today and into the future.
Environmental stewardship is integrated into all elements of how we conduct our business. We focus on operational excellence to reduce environmental impacts while delivering safe, reliable energy to our customers.
We use sustainable design, construction, operating and decommissioning practices throughout our business. Through innovative technologies and operational improvements, we're committed to continuously reducing our emissions.
Our commitment to environmental stewardship includes:
- Complying with or exceeding applicable laws, regulations and industry standards
- Minimizing our environmental footprint through sustainable design, construction, operating and decommissioning practices
- Engaging meaningfully with Indigenous Peoples to understand and address potential impacts to Indigenous rights
- Engaging in practices to conserve resources through safe and efficient management of our operations
- Monitoring our environmental performance through key performance indicators
- Educating and training our workforce in proper environmental stewardship practices
Meeting the growing demand for energy domestically and abroad while addressing global climate change is a complex challenge requiring a balanced approach, where access to affordable energy remains a societal focus and global reductions in greenhouse gas emissions are prioritized.
We recognize that the world is transitioning to lower-carbon solutions and that natural gas and natural gas liquids will remain critical pieces of the global energy picture; enabling transition at a pace that places affordability at the forefront and preserves optionality for stable energy supply.
Learn more about how we minimize our environmental footprint in our 2021 Environment, Social and Governance Report.
PDF | (9mb)