Operational - Quarterly Summary
||Q1 2018||Q4 2017||Q3 2017||Q2 2017||Q1 2017||Q4 2016||Q3 2016||Q2 2016|
|Total inlet gas processed (Mmcf/d) (1)||1,553||1,424||1,322||1,300||1,404||1,337||1,275||1,083|
|Extraction volumes (Bbls/d) (1)(2)||74,786||68,306||64,026||58,885||71,958||69,687||65,509||58,065|
|Frac spread - realized ($/Bbl) (1)(3)||19.01||18.02||14.96||9.06||10.56||6.11||6.29||10.00|
|Frac spread - average spot price ($/Bbl) (1)(4)||22.25||30.66||21.28||10.98||17.26||8.4||6.29||10.62|
|Renewable power sold (GWh)||126||301||681||499||148||196||670||544|
|Conventionable power sold (GWh)||842||1059||992||409||385||374||587||293|
|Renewable capacity factor (%)||8.1||27.5||70.3||50.7||9.5||18.8||70.2||56.8|
|Contracted conventional availability factor (%) (5)||94.5||96.3||99.6||99.9||96.0||99.8||99.3||92.4|
|Natural gas deliveries - end use (PJ) (6)||14.1||11.2||3.7||4.8||13.5||10.8||3.2||4.8|
|Natural gas deliveries - transportation (PJ) (6)||1.8||1.6||1.3||1.5||1.9||1.5||1.1||1.5|
|Natural gas deliveries - end use (Bcf) (6)||31.0||24.3||5.9||10.3||30.2||22.8||5.4||10.3|
|Natural gas deliveries - transportation (Bcf) (6)||13.4||14.2||10.9||11.5||15.4||14.2||11.0||11.8|
Service sites (7)
|Degree day variance from normal - AUI (8)||10.2||4.0||(16.9)||(7.4)||(2.2)||(0.6)||(8.4)||(28.0)|
|Degree day variance from normal - Heritage Gas (8)||(8.1)||(4.6)||(20.4)||(4.3)||(1.9)||(1)||(7.4)||3.6|
|Degree day variance from normal - SEMCO Gas (9)||3.0||4.8||5.7||(8.4)||(11.8)||(6.1)||(57.6)||11.8|
|Degree day variance from normal - ENSTAR (9)||(1.7)||(8.3)||(16.6)||(5.4)||9.6||(1.4)||(36.1)||(26.4)|
(1) Average for the period.
(2) Includes Harmattan NGL processed on behalf of customers.
(3) Realized frac spread or NGL margin, expressed in dollars per barrel of NGL, is derived from sales recorded by the segment during the period for frac exposed volumes plus the settlement value of frac hedges settled in the period less extraction premiums, divided by the total frac exposed volumes produced during the period.
(4) Average spot frac spread or NGL margin, expressed in dollars per barrel of NGL, is indicative of the average sales price that AltaGas receives for propane, butane and condensate less extraction premiums, divided by the respective frac exposed volumes for the period.
(5) Calculated as the availability factor contracted under long-term tolling arrangements adjusted for occasions where partial or excess capacity payments have been added or deducted.
(6) Petajoule (PJ) is one million gigajoules (GJ). Bcf is one billion cubic feet.
(7) Service sites reflect all of the service sites of AUI, PNG, Heritage Gas, and U.S. Utilities, including transportation and non-regulated business lines.
(8) A degree day for AUI and Heritage Gas is the cumulative extent to which the daily mean temperature falls below 15 degrees Celsius at AUI and 18 degrees Celsius at Heritage Gas. Normal degree days are based on a 20-year rolling average. Positive variances from normal lead to increased delivery volumes from normal expectations. Degree day variances do not materially affect the results of PNG as the British Columbia Utilities Commission (BCUC) has approved a rate stabilization mechanism for its residential and small commercial customers.
(9) A degree day for U.S. Utilities is a measure of coldness, determined daily as the number of degrees the average temperature during the day in question is below 65 degrees Fahrenheit. Degree days for a particular period are determined by adding the degree days incurred during each day of the period. Normal degree days for a particular period are the average of degree days during the prior 15 years for SEMCO Energy Gas Company and during the prior 10 years for ENSTAR.