About the David Wallace Cornhill Scholarship
The David Wallace Cornhill Scholarship recognizes outstanding students who pursue social value creation and demonstrate AltaGas’ core values. The scholarship totals $2,000 annually, which will be split in two awards in the amount of $1,000 each.
Who is eligible?
- You must be a son or daughter of an employee in the AltaGas Group of Companies or associated partner organizations
- You must be entering your first year, and fully enrolled, in a post-secondary institution for the upcoming academic year
- You must demonstrate social value creation and AltaGas’ core values
How do I apply?
All applicants are asked to submit an essay, answering the following questions:
- What does social value mean to you?
- How have you created social value?
- How are you demonstrating AltaGas’ core values? (Work Safely, Think Responsibly, Act with Integrity, Make Informed Decisions, Achieve Results, Invest in our People & Foster Diversity)
Please submit your responses in essay format, maximum 2 pages in length (900 words), to the below link. All applicants must apply by July 1, 2020 in order to be eligible. Admission records should be submitted along with the essay and a resume. No academic transcripts are required.
How will I receive the award?
Successful candidates will be contacted via letter by August 14, 2020.
To apply, submit your application in confidence to our Scholarship Selection Committee, click here