Our core values reinforce our commitment to sustainability by integrating strong environmental, health and safety, social and governance performance into every aspect of our business.
These efforts support our business strategy by allowing us to be more responsive to customer needs, better manage risk, and attract and retain the talent we need to bring value to the communities we serve.
By balancing economic priorities with our social and environmental values, we believe we can help meet growing global demands for clean energy, while continuing to deliver sustainable benefits to our shareholders.
At AltaGas, our commitment to ESG means:
- operating our business with the highest regard for the safety of our employees, contractors and stakeholders
- protecting the environment and reducing our impact
- building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with Indigenous Peoples, partners and communities
- working closely with governments and regulatory agencies to develop long-term sustainable projects
- investing in communities through employment and training opportunities and donations to charitable organizations
Learn more about our commitment to improving our environmental, social and governance performance in our 2019 Environmental, Social and Governance Report.
AltaGas has participated in the CDP (formerly called the Carbon Disclosure Project) since 2010. The CDP is an international, independent, not-for-profit organization that maintains a global disclosure system enabling companies, cities, states and regions to measure and manage their environmental impacts.
In 2018, AltaGas was recognized again for taking coordinated action on climate change issues by CDP and obtained a score of B (Management). Companies at the Management level are taking further steps to effectively reduce emissions, indicating more advanced environmental stewardship.