AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power and regulated utilities. We create value by acquiring, growing and optimizing energy infrastructure, which includes renewable energy sources. Over the past 18 years we have built a portfolio of assets and created dynamic teams to support our future growth.
Reporting to the Director Operations & Engineering – Extraction, this position will provide operations engineering and project support for AltaGas’ extraction facilities. In addition, this position will also provide subject matter expertise and technical support to the business. This is a 14 month contract temporary position.
Responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support Operations by pursuing opportunities to optimize, manage and expand existing extraction plants
- Evaluate expansion and business development opportunities
- Work with Operations staff to resolve operational issues
- Work with regulators and internal departments to ensure compliance to government regulations.
Provide project engineering services including managing 3rd party engineering firms; project scoping; preparing AFE’s; drawing/design review and Process Hazard Analysis; cost and schedule tracking; construction liaison; commissioning and start-up support; project management.
Leading and mentoring Junior Operations Engineers.
- University degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering supplemented with 10+ years’ experience;
- Professional Engineer designation;
- Experience with process engineering and plant/facility engineering
- Knowledge and experience with process simulators, sour gas processing, deep-cut (turbo-expander) NGL recovery, fractionation.
- Good working knowledge of ERCB, BC OGC, OH&S and Alberta Environment regulations.
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department; firstname.lastname@example.org.
AltaGas offers a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to opportunities for personal and professional achievement.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.