AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power, and regulated utilities. We create value by acquiring, growing and optimizing energy infrastructure, which includes renewable energy sources. Over the past 20 years we have built a portfolio of assets and created dynamic teams to support our future growth.
Reporting to Manager Payroll and Benefits Operations
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing exceptional customer service to all employees at AltaGas through prompt and courteous reply to all inquiries
- Assisting with the processing of semi-monthly payrolls for office, field and unionized employees across Canada
- Assist with reconciling payroll and benefits related accounts and other related duties
- Logging payroll, time tracking and benefit inquiries and managing responses through effective communication with providers, employees and the Human Resources team
- Onboarding new employees to AltaGas payroll and benefit programs
- Assisting with analysis and preparation of both payroll and benefit related reports
- Assisting with absences of payroll and benefits team members by providing backup support
- Other duties as required to assist the broader Human Resources function at AltaGas
- As the ideal candidate, you have a related degree and one to three years of experience in payroll, benefit administration, accounting, or human resources
- You have a passion for numbers and providing customer service, are highly motivated, organized, enthusiastic and energetic HR professional with a strong sense of urgency to achieve results
- You have the ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
- You thrive in a rapidly changing environment and welcome multiple challenges. You lead by example and have a service-minded “can do” approach towards your work
- You are a levelheaded team player with superior interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- You also have an extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and experience in working with Human Resources Information Systems. Specific experience in working with the InSync (Ceridian) payroll system and Tenrox, Qbyte and Cognos applications as well as JD Edwards would be a definite asset
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department; firstname.lastname@example.org.
AltaGas offers a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to opportunities for personal and professional achievement.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.