AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power, and regulated utilities. We create value by acquiring, growing and optimizing energy infrastructure, which includes renewable energy sources. Over the past 20 years we have built a portfolio of assets and created dynamic teams to support our future growth.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President Commercial and Business Operations, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for complex and confidential administrative assignments, and requires a detailed understanding of the operations of the department and company. The position also provides ongoing administrative support to members of the Corporate Development group as needed.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Point of contact with customers dealing with the Senior Vice President and members of the Corporate Development group as needed;
- Word, PowerPoint and Excel support for various projects including reports to the Board of Directors, and Executive Group;
- Responsible for arranging appropriate travel and accommodations consistent with the corporate travel policy;
- Attend monthly meetings with other Administrative Assistants to update and share information;
- Help train and mentor to more junior administrative assistants to help them grow within the organization;
- Prepare weekly dashboard packages which is part of the CEO/COO controls;
- Maintain Outlook calendar, including booking and accepting meetings, lunches, and RSVP to invitations;
- Open, sort, and forward daily mail, including prioritization and delegation of urgent items;
- Coordinate agendas and meetings for the Senior Vice President and members of the Corporate Development group as needed;
- Maintain personal filing system in their offices;
- Timesheet recording and approval for the Senior Vice President’s direct reports;
- Log AFE’s, code invoices, prepare cheque requisitions and expense reports, and filing as required;
- Maintain maps in Adobe Illustrator and Accumap to be used in internal and external presentations.
- Accreditation in Administration or similar post-secondary education;
- Advanced Skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Adobe Illustrator and Accumap to produce company maps;
- Minimum of 8-10 years of related experience;
- Experience in the natural gas/oil industry an asset;
- Superior interpersonal, communication, organizational and analytical skills;
- High degree of diplomacy and confidentiality.
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department; email@example.com.
AltaGas offers a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to opportunities for personal and professional achievement.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.