AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power and regulated utilities. We create value by acquiring, growing and optimizing energy infrastructure, which includes renewable energy sources. Over the past 17 years we have built a portfolio of assets and created dynamic teams to support our future growth.
AltaGas requires an enthusiastic, innovative and motivated individual to join our Field Gathering and Processing Team. Reporting to the Gordondale Foreman, this position will be responsible for operating the Gordondale Plant in a safe and efficient manner. This position requires the successful individual to work shiftwork and be available for holiday and shift coverage.
Responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maximize the FG&P assets ROI by continually initiating reductions in operating costs and maximizing process volumes
- Work in a team environment both in the field & head office to achieve district goals
- Mentor and train junior staff to promote a safe operating environment
- Provide supervision in the absence of the Lead Operator
- Promote the FG&P business to existing and new Customers
- Maintain high communication levels with our Customers at the field level to ensure their needs are satisfied and to help promote future business
- Ensure all operations are in compliance with applicable regulations
- Maintain business processes & systems for operations to ensure AltaGas operates in an efficient manner
- Work with head office to help develop internal growth
- Help support new projects in the district by providing input on new designs & participating in HAZOP reviews
- Ensure operations meet or exceed all government and industry standards
- Ensure operations are conducted in accordance with our internal Codes of Practice
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- 4th Class Power Engineering certificate
- Valid training in First Aid, WHMIS, TDG and H2S Alive
- Minimum 5 years relevant industry experience
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel and exposure to plant production reporting
- Strong knowledge of isolation/lockout procedures and documentation, plant emergency response plans and operating procedures
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department; firstname.lastname@example.org.
AltaGas offers a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to opportunities for personal and professional achievement.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.